The Centre de Facilitation des Investissements (CFI) was created by presidential decree on No.13 of January 31, 2006. Its sole purpose is to attract investors.
CFI is the creation of a public and private sector partnership in response to the need to simplify regulations and procedures in order to increase economic activities.
CFI is also involved regionally as a director in the admnistration board of the Caribbean Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (CAIPA)
Our mission is to facillitate in coming investments, promote and support investments growth, concretize business opportunities, expedite administrative procedures for new and existing business and provide technical advice.
The CFI is not a funding agency. Indeed, funding does not fall within the scope of intervention of the CFI.
The advice of CFI does not extend to that of a consulting or advisory. CFI monitors, but does not hold decision capacity. His role is confined to expeditious procedure without interference thereof.
The CFI, an independent bureau under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is structured as follow:
- Administrative Department
- Department of Investment facilitation
- Department of Studies and Business Information
- Department of Investment Promotion
The CFI consists of a Board of Directors, an advisory board and a General Director.
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Minister of Trade and Industry, chairman of the Board of Directors
Minister of Economy and Finance, Vice-Chairman
Minister of Tourism
Minister of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development
Minister of Public Works, Transport & Communications.
Private Sector Representatives:
The President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Haiti,
Second Vice-ChairmanThe President of the Tourist Association of Haiti
The President of the Association of Industries of Haiti
The President of the Association of Free Zones
The President of a regional chamber of commerce
The CEO of Bank of the Republic of Haiti
The General Director of the Ministry of Economy and Finance
The General Director Ministry of Trade and Industry
The General Director of the Tax Income Office
The General Director of the National Port Authority
The General Director of TELECO
The Director General of the National Telecommunication Council of Haiti
The General Director of Customs Office
The General Director of the Central Metropolitan Water Supply
The General Director of Electricity of Haiti
The General Director of the Haitian Institute of Statistics and Informatics
- Greeting and assisting local and foreign investors
- Providing reliable legal, economical and regulatory information relevant to project investment.
- Receiving requests directly from the investor or a professional advisor for the creation of a company, investment incentives requests.
- Liaison with public sector agencies and administrative entities, as well as the investor throughout the application process
- Investment promotion
- Investment facilitation-troubleshoot pre and post investment issues
- Develop and operate a system economic and commercial information (SIEC)
- Advice in new legislation and regulations suited for the growth of international Trade.
- Computerization of information: procedures, law and economic
- Reduces business transaction costs
- Decreases registration time from 190 to 75 days
- Facilitates administrative transparency
- Extends the validity period for the fiscal receipt for exportation companies.
- Simplifies the form used to obtain the incentives provide by the Investment code
- Receives and investigates complaints of companies seeking to reap the benefits and privileges granted by law.